We have teamed up with one of our favorite hotels in Mykonos, the San Giorgio Mykonos (which is owned by the same team behind the famous and most exclusive beach club Scorpios Mykonos), to discover Mykonos’ best kept secrets. We had the privilege of speaking with Matilda Parissinou, the Guest Experience Manager at the San Giorgio Mykonos, and gleaned some fantastic insights on how to experience Mykonos to the fullest!
How would you describe the San Giorgio to someone thinking about traveling there?
“The San Giorgio has a very bohemian vibe and this is something that differentiates us from other hotels in Mykonos. Our aim is to make guests feel like they’re at home or like they’re visiting a friend’s summer house”.
Describe the perfect day in Mykonos.
“Start with a glorious breakfast at the San Giorgio and then head over to our very own Scorpios Beach Club at around 11:00 to lounge at the trendiest beach club and have a refreshingly light lunch. In the early evening, walk around Little Venice, it’s so beautiful to experience the sunset here. Go to dinner at one of Mykonos’ amazing restaurants (which are of course described later in this article) and then have your first drink of the evening at the glamorous Interni bar. Once you’re more pumped and ready to party, visit one of Mykonos’ iconic night clubs and bars ranging from Astra, Cavo Paradiso, or Scarpa”.
Which restaurants are a must-visit in Mykonos?
- “Kikis Tavern – An authentic tavern experience in this delicious restaurant. (Please note that they do not take reservations)
- Spilia Mykonos – A beautiful seaside restaurant that offers Mykonos’ most tantalizing seafood
- Nautilus – Another classic establishment for quality seafood
- Kalita – for Greek/Mediterranean food”
Where are your must-visits for someone traveling to Mykonos?
- “Mykonos is famous for its breathtaking beaches and crystal-clear waters and so the following are our favorite beaches to visit:
- Scorpios – it is something very unique to Mykonos and must be experienced
- Agios Loannis – A favorite for those looking for seclusion and peace. You won’t find crowds here, only serenity
- Agios Sostis Beach – This is not a very organized beach in terms of sunbeds and umbrellas, but it is very natural.
- Mykonos boasts some incredible food – make sure to visit the restaurants I mentioned earlier!
- Sailing Excursions: Rinia is a beautiful private island and Delos is another island with historical importance. We recommend visiting both in order to get the best sailing experience in Mykonos. Please note that both islands can be reached only by boat”.
What are the must-visit shops/streets in Mykonos?
“There are so many to choose from including international brands like Louis Vuttion, Chopard, Dsqaured2 and other Greek luxury multiband stores such as Linea Piu, which offers unique pieces from brands like Chanel, Blumarine, Christopher Kane, Tom Ford or John Galliano”.
What do you think is most unique about the San Giorgio?
“Our location (the hotel overlooks the Aegean Sea), our private and exclusive beach, our mesmerizing palm garden and our relaxed bohemian style. Our staff are very friendly and are extremely attentive to our guests’ needs due to the “feel at home” philosophy that we have cultivated in the hotel’s culture”.
What’s your best insider tip for Mykonos?
- “Of course make sure that you go to Scorpios on Sunday, this is the best day to go as there is an amazing party!
- Try all of Mykonos’ local sea food, everything is so fresh.
- Get lost in Mykonos town and explore the windmills, which are completely unique to the Island.
- Stay at the beach until late to watch the unbeatable sunset!”